POR CALABRIA FESR-FSE 2014-2020 “Social Media AnalyzeR Toolkit” (ASSE I – PROMOZIONE DELLA RICERCA E DELL’INNOVAZIONE, Azione 1.2.2)
START DATE: December 1, 2017
END DATE: November 30, 2019
Project’s web site: http://progetto-smart.icar.cnr.it/
The project is meant to study, design, implement and test an innovative toolkit, named SMART, for the analysis of large amounts of data coming from social media, possibly integrated with data extracted from Web and Open Data sources as well as with proprietary data. The goal is extract knowledge for any enterprise or organization, in the form of trends, classifications, associations and predictions useful for improving its performances, in terms of profits, market share and competitiveness level.
The project activities will be conducted along three major directions:
- Critical study of current technological solutions for social media analysis, and research activities on innovative models, algorithms and architectures for social media analysis;
- Design of the SMART toolkit, based on the adoption of suitable Big Data models for trajectory mining, sentiment analysis and opinion trend analysis,
- Implementation of the SMART toolkit, based on a service-oriented paradigms, and experimentation on two relevant application domains (namely e-commerce and new media communication).
The other partners involved in the project are:
- DtoK Lab S.r.l (Coordinatore)
- DIMES, University of Calabria
- ALKEMY TECH S.r.l.
- EFFEERRE Comm. by Francesco Rende
The Rende headquarter of institute ICAR is involved in the following workpackages:
- WP1: Study of the social media analytics domain
- WP2: Research on social media analytics’ models and architettures
- WP3: Design of the SMART toolkit
- WP4: Implementazione e testing del toolkit